Diana Maliszewski is a teacher-librarian and media literacy educator in the Toronto District School Board. An AML board member, Diana has presented at conferences across North America on topics such as gaming in education, graphic novels, popular culture, and children’s literature.
Her awards include the Follett International Teacher-Librarian of the Year Award from the Canadian Association of School Libraries, as well as the OLA President’s Award for Exceptional Achievement for work on the Together for Learning project. She blogs frequently on the AML site, as well as on her personal blog.
Resources Produced (Selected):
- Weekly blog with reflections on teaching connected to life experiences
- Wiki with lesson plans, list of presentations and publications, etc.
- An online, asynchronistic course sponsored by TVO about comics
- Mediacy podcast for VoicEd radio on gaming, with Denise Colby and Neil Andersen
- Games-based learning
- Gaming in education (video games, board games, RPGs, etc)
- Graphic novels
- School libraries
You can see an extensive list of what I have presented and written in the past on my Wiki site, but these are not the only topics — just ask me if you are interested in seeing more!
Past Speaking Engagements:
All my past speaking engagements are listed on my Wiki site.